Star Steppers Terms and Conditions
1. These terms and conditions apply to Star Steppers courses provided to students, registered for and consented to by them or the parent/ guardian (referred to hereinafter as “student”). Changes to these terms and conditions require the written consent of Star Steppers.
2. Those participating in Star Steppers courses are required to obey the rules and conditions of Star Steppers Performing Arts Ltd.
3. Course times, fees and methods of payment will be provided via letter or e-mail prior to commencement of attendance.
4. Prompt payments are essential to the effective running of our classes:
Members who pay by weekly instalments are required to make those payments, in cash, to the teacher on the day of the class.
Half-Termly fee payers must pay by the 2nd week of term. After this date Star Steppers reserve the right to charge a fee equivalent to the cost of two weeks attendance.
Sibling discounts only apply to half-termly fee payers and when payments have been made within the first two weeks of term.
5. Methods of Payment:
• Bank Transfer
• Standing Order
• Online Pay-Now button on invoices (via Stripe)
6. Classes take place once a week during the normal academic terms. The term dates for the following term will be made known in writing before the start each term.
7. Cancellation – Half-termly fee-payers are automatically signed up for the following half-term unless membership is terminated before the end of the previous term. Such termination will only be accepted when received by Star Steppers in writing. Where proper notification is not provided Star Steppers reserve the right to charge a fee equivalent to the cost of two weeks attendance.
8. Star Steppers reserves the right to exclude students from lessons at its discretion.
9. Star Steppers reserves the right to make changes to the timetable.
10. Star Steppers reserves the right to make changes to the teaching staff.
11. Fees are reviewed annually in September. Star Steppers reserves the right to alter fees as and when necessary. You will be informed in advance of any fee increases.
12. Students participate at their own risk and are obliged to inform Star Steppers and its staff of any existing injuries or medical conditions.
13. Students are obliged to take care of their own belongings. Star Steppers can accept no liability for lost or damaged belongings.
14. Students should dress according to the requirements of the class they are attending.
15. The liability of Star Steppers and that of its staff is restricted to class time only and then only to gross negligence.
16. Should it be necessary to cancel classes on account of extreme weather conditions (snow, ice, flood, gale force winds etc.), epidemic or national crisis, or any circumstances over which Star Steppers have no control, fees cannot be returned or compensation made.
17. All parents/ guardians must complete a registration form, including emergency contact details and any health/ medical conditions that staff should be made aware of, prior to their child participating in Star Steppers classes.
This policy informs you of what to expect when Star Steppers Performing Arts LTD (Star Steppers) collects personal information. Please note this policy may be updated and amendments made. We advise that you regularly read this policy so that you are aware of any changes. This policy is effective from April 2018 to comply with new laws in relation to General Data Protection Regulation.
Star Steppers is committed to process any personal information it holds only in ways that are fair, transparent and in accordance with General Data Protection Regulations.
Data Protection Principles
The legislation sets out various data protection principles. These include that personal information is:
– Used fairly and lawfully
– Used for limited, specifically stated purposes
– Used in a way that is adequate, relevant and not excessive
– Kept for no longer than is absolutely necessary
– Kept safe and secure
– Not transferred outside the European Economic Area without adequate protection
The legislation conveys various individual rights. These include the following:
– The right to be informed
– The right of access
– The right to rectification
– The right to erase
– The right to restrict processing
– The right to data portability
– The right to object
– Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
The sections towards the end of this Privacy Notice let you know how you can exercise your rights.
You can read more about your rights at https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/.
Information Star Steppers processes
The following sections describe the information that Star Steppers collects and how it is processed. The sections are split according to the type of information.
Legal Basis For Processing
The legislation requires that there is a clear legal basis for processing personal information. In general Star Steppers relies on the individual’s consent in order to process their data. Where there are exceptions such as a legal obligation, contractual agreement or Star Steppers legitimate interest, they will be noted below.
Please note that if consent is withdrawn the level of service that we can offer might be severely curtailed.
Star Steppers collect contact details; address, email address, date of birth, medical information and photographic/film consent in order to provide membership services.
That includes, but not limited to, the administration of joining and invoices, distribution of the termly newsletter, information regarding Star Steppers services, events, notices.
With consent we email items of news that we believe will be of interest to our members.
We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies via an Email Service Provider to help us monitor and improve our e-news items.
If an email address is provided we assume consent to use it for administrative purposes of membership (e.g. notification of membership renewal, processing of invoices, relevant information and notices that enhance membership etc.) We will not use it to send you e-news and marketing items without your explicit consent.
Once a member lapses, we retain sufficient information to identify the previous member. This allows the previous membership details to be used again if the member re-joins. Star Steppers relies on legitimate interest as the legal basis for retaining this information.
When someone visits www.star-steppers.com we use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone.
Google Analytics uses “cookies”, which are text files logged on your computer, to allow the website to analyse how users browse the website, applications or services. The information obtained by the cookie about your use of the website, applications or services (including your IP address) will be sent to Google and stored on their servers. For more information see “How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps”, located at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
When visiting our website, small text files, called cookies, are transmitted from our website, applications or services and stored on your device. We use these cookies to help us provide you with a personalised service, and to help make the website, applications and services more efficient for you.
How To Disable Cookies:
You may be able to configure your browser or our website, application or service to restrict cookies or block all cookies if you wish, however if you disable cookies you may find this affects your ability to use certain parts of our website, applications or services. For more information about cookies and instructions on how to adjust your browser settings to accept, delete or reject cookies, see the www.youronlinechoices.co.ukallaboutcookies.org website.
Kashflow is accountancy software used to log payments and process invoices. Your name, telephone number, postal address, e-mail address and all payments are saved on this software. Kashflow requires two-factor authentication at log in.
Only sufficient information is provided by the user to Stripe to complete the payment. Star Steppers receives confirmation of payment from Stripe. Star Steppers does not see nor retain your credit card details since these are handled by Stripe.
Star Steppers does not share personal data with third parties for marketing purposes. We are obliged to share your child’s name, postcode and date of birth for performance licences with local governing authorities in compliance with the law.
Emergency contact details regarding your child will be shared with Star Steppers teachers to ensure the wellbeing and safety of your child. All teaching staff hold enhanced DBS certification.
We use a third party service, one.com to host our website. Information on our website will only be used for the purpose of providing Star Steppers with web hosting.
Personal information is stored electronically and is protected by passwords and two-factor authentication. Personal information is also recorded on paper registration forms these are kept securely and are only accessed by company directors.
Star Steppers has implemented technical and organisational security measures to protect your personal data against unauthorised access, loss or misuse such as two-factor authentication.
Complaints or Queries
Star Steppers tries to meet the highest standards when collecting and using personal information. For this reason, we take any complaints we receive about this very seriously. We encourage people to bring it to our attention if they think that our collection or use of information is unfair, misleading or inappropriate. We would also welcome suggestions for improving our procedures.
This privacy notice was drafted with brevity and clarity in mind. It does not provide exhaustive detail of all aspects of Star Steppers collection and use of personal information. However, we are happy to provide any additional information or explanation needed. Any requests for this should be sent to the address below.
Confidentiality will be preserved during the investigation of a complaint to safeguard the interests of everyone concerned unless disclosure is necessary to progress the complaint.
If you want to make a complaint about the way we have processed your personal information, please contact us in writing to the address provided below.
Access To Personal Information
Star Steppers tries to be as open as it can be in terms of giving people access to their personal information. Individuals can find out if we hold any personal information by asking. This is formally known as a ‘subject access request’ under the Data Protection Act 1998. If we do hold information about you we will:
– Give you a description of it.
– Tell you why we are holding it.
– Tell you who it could be disclosed to.
– Let you have a copy of the information in an intelligible form.
To make a request to Star Steppers for any personal information we may hold you need to put the request in writing to the address provided below.
If you agree, we will try to deal with your request informally, for example by providing you with the specific information you need over the telephone.
If we do hold information about you, you can ask us to correct any mistakes.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Except as described in this Privacy Notice we will not disclose personal data without consent.
We may disclose your information to governmental agencies or entities, regulatory authorities, or other persons in line with any applicable law, regulations, court order or official request.
How To Contact Us:
Star Steppers Performing Arts LTD
13 Springcopse Road