Star Steppers Terms and Conditions
1. These terms and conditions apply to Star Steppers courses provided to students, registered for and consented to by them or the parent/ guardian (referred to hereinafter as “student”). Changes to these terms and conditions require the written consent of Star Steppers.
2. Those participating in Star Steppers courses are required to obey the rules and conditions of Star Steppers Performing Arts Ltd.
3. Course times, fees and methods of payment will be provided via letter or e-mail prior to commencement of attendance.
4. Prompt payments are essential to the effective running of our classes:
Members who pay by weekly instalments are required to make those payments, in cash, to the teacher on the day of the class.
Half-Termly fee payers must pay by the 2nd week of term. After this date a £10 surcharge will apply.
Sibling discounts only apply to half-termly fee payers and when payments have been made within the first two weeks of term.
5. Methods of Payment:
6. Classes take place once a week during the normal academic terms. The term dates for the following term will be made known in writing before the start each term.
7. Cancellation – Half-termly fee-payers are automatically signed up for the following half-term unless membership is terminated before the end of the previous term. Such termination will only be accepted when received by Star Steppers in writing. Where proper notification is not provided Star Steppers reserve the right to charge a fee equivalent to the cost of two weeks attendance.
8. Star Steppers reserves the right to exclude students from lessons at its discretion.
9. Star Steppers reserves the right to make changes to the timetable.
10. Star Steppers reserves the right to make changes to the teaching staff.
11. Fees are reviewed annually in September. Star Steppers reserves the right to alter fees as and when necessary. You will be informed in advance of any fee increases.
12. Students participate at their own risk and are obliged to inform Star Steppers and its staff of any existing injuries or medical conditions.
13. Students are obliged to take care of their own belongings. Star Steppers can accept no liability for lost or damaged belongings.
14. Students should dress according to the requirements of the class they are attending.
15. The liability of Star Steppers and that of its staff is restricted to class time only and then only to gross negligence.
16. Should it be necessary to cancel classes on account of extreme weather conditions (snow, ice, flood, gale force winds etc.), epidemic or national crisis, or any circumstances over which Star Steppers have no control, fees cannot be returned or compensation made.
17. All parents/ guardians must complete a registration form, including emergency contact details and any health/ medical conditions that staff should be made aware of, prior to their child participating in Star Steppers classes.
• Any personal information provided to Star Steppers will be “processed” (as such terms are defined in the Data Protection Act 1998) by Star Steppers Performing Arts Ltd. for the purposes of administration, research, the provision of teaching services in singing, dance and drama, the organisation of performances and for the administration of Star Steppers’s statutory obligations under legislation relating to children. Star Steppers will not disclose this information to third parties for marketing purposes. Star Steppers itself may use this information to provide marketing information. If you do not wish to receive marketing information from Star Steppers please tick the box provided on the registration form.
• By submitting an application form to Star Steppers you are deemed to consent to the use of such Personal Data for the above purposes.
• Online payments made to Star Steppers are processed securely by Lloyds TSB and the information you provide is communicated in a strongly-encrypted format between Lloyds TSB and your bank or credit card company. Star Steppers does not directly collect, process or store financial information.